How to Prepare for a BIG Summer Storm
After using common sense to prepare follow these simple guidelines:
- Charge all mobile devices
- Make as much ice as possible or go buy some at your nearest store and have a cooler handy in case the power goes out.
- Get lots of water handy for drinking, washing, etc.
- Move plants in doors or as close to the building as possible.
- Fill you gas tanks up in your cars and any extra tanks you have.
- Get cash
- Get a light source; flashlights and batteries, candles, etc.
- Set your thermostat a little lower than usual. (If they power goes out it is going to get hot)
- Have games and things to do inside handy.
- Do the dishes and laundry so your stuff doesn’t stink before the power comes back on.
- Take a shower, if you’re A/C goes off you are going to get sweaty really fast.
- Move your car away from trees.
- Strap anything outside that might fly way down or put inside a shed. (trampolines, BBQ, tables and chairs, etc.)
- Make sure your pets are set and protected as well.