Snow melt can cause flooding in your Spanish Fork home.
Snow Melt Causes Flooding
Spring is coming soon. More and more people start heading outside to soak in the sunshine after a long, cold, snow-packed winter. As temperatures rise snow is melting into Utah's rivers and streams, increasing the risk of flooding. Hopefully, it comes in an orderly fashion, but if it warms up too quickly the snow will overwhelm Utah's rivers and mountains causing concern for many homes.
Follow these tips to help prevent flooding in your home.
- Check for leaks around your doors and windows. Especially basement windows in window wells.
- Keep window wells free from debris
- If you have flood drains make sure they are clear and working
- Check the grading around your home and make changes in grading to encourage flooding away from your home
- Inspect and repair your foundation for cracks before its too late
If you are unfortunate and do have water and/or mold damage from flooding in your home call SERVPRO today. Our trained experts are ready for your call.
Call SERVPRO today at 801-785-5228